The event brings together the Dutch exhibition markets – with cinemas of all sizes and locations – for a day of discussions, followed by screenings.
UNIC delivered a keynote speech about the recovery post-covid, the importance of diverse content, the latest trends and challenges and current policy files. This was then followed by a panel involving:
- Rachel van Bommel, Producer, Millstreet Films
- Willem Pruijssers, CEO, Dutch FilmWorks
- Hajo Binsbergen, Managing Director Theatrical Benelux, Warner Bros. Discovery
- Boris van der Ham, Chairman, NVBF
- Géke Roelink, Director, Filmhuis Den Haag
- Marco de Ruiter, Country Manager, The Walt Disney Company Benelux
- Laura Houlgatte, CEO, UNIC
The discussion focused on five key themes:
1) Is an attractive film slate enough?
2) Streamers and cinemas – competitors or complementary?
3) Do you focus on frequent visitors or occasional visitors?
4) Should Dutch producers focus on films with a higher commercial potential?
5) Business operations and energy crisis/inflation
The day closed with a networking cocktail and a screening. Congratulations to NVBF for such a successful event!