The Gold Awards, introduced at CineEurope 2018, recognise those individuals who have in the opinion of their peers made an exceptional contribution both to the ongoing success of their company or organisation but also to the wider European cinema industry.
The recipients of the 2021 Gold Awards are as follows:
- Hanna Dobslaw, Theatre Manager, Cineplex Alhambra, Berlin, Germany
- Alexander Kuznetsov, COO, KARO Cinema Chain, Russia
- Ulf Jansson, CTO, Winberg Kino, Sweden
- Jon Nutton, Marketing Director, Empire Cinemas, UK
- Angeles San Gabino, Former Managing Director, FECE, Spain
- Alain Surmulet, Technical Director, Noé Cinemas, France
- Dee Vassili, Executive Director, Group HR, VUE International, UK
- Martin Waller, Group Food and Beverage Director, ODEON Cinemas Group, UK
The 2021 recipients were meant to receive this recognition at CineEurope 2020, but due to the unavoidable cancellation of that event, their Awards have been held over to this year.
Welcoming the announcement, UNIC President Phil Clapp said:
“On behalf of UNIC members, I would like to congratulate each of the awardees for this great achievement and thank them for their hard work and dedication to the European cinema industry. These Awards underline - especially in times like this - just how much the recovery and success of our industry relies on its people; on their passion, expertise and commitment.
We are looking forward to celebrating with the Gold Awardees at CineEurope in October!”
“The Gold Awards were started by UNIC and CineEurope in order to recognize individuals that have served our industry in so many ways throughout their careers.” Stated Andrew Sunshine, CoManaging Director of CineEurope. “On behalf of the entire Film Expo team, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the eight individuals being honored in 2021 and thank them for their contributions, hard work and dedication. Each and every one exemplifies what this award is about” continued Sunshine.